tirsdag den 21. januar 2014

Introduction to sequential art with Paul Karasik

 
First week out of two with American Paul Karasik.
 
Assigment 1: We had to finish two strips from the comic Nancy, on which we had had a lecture on the day before.
 
 
Assignment 2: We had to make a three-page instructional comic, my prompt was "How to brush your hair." The day after we condensed it down to a single page (not shown).
We also had a lecture on how to do critique and we did group critiques of this assignment in small groups of five which was great, I found it really helpful to have fresh eyes to help me spot my mistakes.



 
The second week we were to make a 12 page comic about an event in our life. I started out doing the comic on my struggle with depression a few years ago, but I had a hard time making it work as there was too little actual story, and so halfway through the week I decided to scrap it and start over. Instead I told the story of a creepy neighbor I once had, here is a (not entirely finished) page from it for a general feel of the mood and style:
 
 

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar