onsdag den 19. marts 2014

Continuation of 20 page comic project with Dean Haspiel

 
This week was all about finishing as many pages of our 20 page project as possible, I did pencils for all 20 pages and managed to completely finish eight. I chose to work in ballpoint pen because it's a tool I knew I was comfortable with and wouldn't have to spend time getting used to, which gave me more time to work on the storytelling.
 
I ended up redrawing a lot of panels to make the reading flow better and to try and get out of the comfort of drawing mid-shots over and over again. I also cut out a substantial chunk of the story because I had trouble fitting it in and it made the overall storytelling kind of choppy. I am quite happy with the end result, although there is of course some minor things I want to go back and fix. It was a learning process and Dean helped me realize my bad habits so I can work on getting rid of them.
 

 


 

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar